EEGR 243 Quiz 1 Complete Solution
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question. 1)
1) Small wireless devices that connect to the internet; they rely on batteries for power, and software is installed by downloading applications.
A) Personal Mobile Devices B) Personal computers C) Embbed computers D) Servers
2)A symbolic representation of machine instructions.
A) High-level programming language B) Instruction C)Machine language D) Instruction
3)A program that translates hight-level language statements into assembly language statements.
A)Compiler B)Linker C)Operating system D)Assembler
4)Memory used to keep programs while they are running and typically consists of DRAM in today's computers.
4)A)Secondary memory B) Flash memory C) Main memory D) Volitile memory 1
5)Supervising program that manages the resources of a computer for the benefit of the programs that run on that computer.
A) Application software B)Compiler C)Operating System D)Assembler
6)A binary representation of machine instructions.
A)Hardware Design Language B)Assembly language C)Machine language D)High-level Programming Language
7)The component of the processor that commands the datapath, memory and I/O devices according to the instructions of the program.
A)Control B)Processor C) Datapath D) Motherboard
8)Memory built as an integrated circuit, but faster and less dense than DRAM.
A)Dynamic Random Access Memory B)Flash memory C)Cache memory D)Static Random Access Memory
9) A small fast memory that acts as a buffer for a slower, larger memory.
A) Cache memory B) Primary memory C)Magnetic disk D) Flash memory
SHORT ANSWER. Write the word or phrase that best completes each statement or answers the question.
10) What are the different types of buses in computer architecture?
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
11) The componentof the processor that performs arithmetic operations.
A) Control B) Datapath C)Central Processing Unit D)Bus
SHORT ANSWER. Write the word or phrase that best completes each statement or answers the question. 12)
12) What category(Server, Desktop, Embedded computer, Personal Mobile Device, Cluster Computer)of computer does this device belong to?
a) Ipad tablet b)IBM supercomputer c)Smart meter d) eReader