CIS 510 Assignment 4: Creating the Critical Path
CIS 510 Assignment 4
Creating the Critical Path
Due Week 9 and worth 50 points
Refer to the project plan you started in Week 7, “The Project Plan.”
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Create a graphic rendering of the critical path for your project using Visio or its open source alternative software. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Describe in words the critical path you have rendered graphically.
Explain what factors could cause deviation from the critical path.
Explain the results of deviating from the critical path.
Describe the triple constraints of a project.
- Write a memo to the project team that includes the following:
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.