Calculation of the magnetic force. See attached document
. A rectangular loop of wire with sides H = 30 cm and W = 65 cm carries current I2 = 0.383 A. An infinite straight wire, located a distance L = 34cm from segment ad of the loop as shown, carries current I1 = 0.598 A in the positive y-direction.
1) What is Fadx , the x-component of the force exerted by the infinite wire on segment ad of the loop?
2) What is Fbcx , the x-component of the force exerted by the infinite wire on segment bc of the loop?.
3) What is Fnet.y, the y-component of the net force exerted by the infinite wire on the loop?
. Another infinite straight wire, aligned with the y-axis is now added at a distance 2L = 68 cm from segment bc of the loop as shown. A current I3, flows in this wire. The loop now experiences a net force of zero.
4) What is the direction and magnitude of I3?
See attached document
- Budget: $8 Ready
- Posted by: Dinamo05
- Subjects: Physics Data Analysis
- Attachments: A rectangular loop of wire with sides H.docx (25 KB)