Objective questions on Virtual LANs VLANs
Objective questions on Virtual LANs (VLANs)
1. Which of the following is true regarding VLANs?
a. You must have at least two VLANs defined in every Cisco switched network.
b. All VLANs are configured at the fastest switch and, by default, propagate this information to all other switches.
c. You should not have more than 10 switches in the same VTP domain.
d. VTP is used to send VLAN information to switches in a configured VTP domain.
2. A switch has been configured for three different VLANs: VLAN2, VLAN3, and VLAN4. A router has been added to provide communication between the VLANs. What type of interface is necessary on the router if only one connection is to be made between the router and the switch?
a. 10 Mbps Ethernet
b. 56 Kbps Serial
c. 100 Mbps Ethernet
d. 1 Gbps Ethernet
3. You want to improve network performance by increasing the bandwidth available to hosts and limit the size of the broadcast domains. Which of the following options will achieve this goal?
a. Managed hubs
d. Switches configured with VLANs
4. Which of the following protocols are used to configure trunking on a switch? Choose two
a. VLAN Trunk Protocol
5. When a new trunk link is configured on an IOS-based switch, which VLANs are allowed over the link?
a. By default, all VLANs are allowed on the trunk
b. No VLANs are allowed, you must configure each VLAN by hand
c. Only configured VLANs are allowed on the link
d. Only extended VLANs are allowed by default
6. Which switching technology reduces the size of broadcast domain?
7. What VTP mode allows you to change VLAN information on the switch?
8. Which command will configure a switch port to use the IEEE standard method of inserting VLAN membership information into Ethernet frames?
a. Switch(config)#switchport trunk encapsulation isl
b. Switch(config)#switchport trunk encapsulation ietf
c. Switch(config)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
d. Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation isl
e. Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation ietf
f. Switch(config-if)#switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
9. Which of the following is true regarding VTP?
a. All switches are VTP servers by default
b. All switches are VTP transparent by default
c. VTP is on by default with a domain name of Cisco on all Cisco switches
d. All switches are VTP clients by default
10. Which protocol reduces administrative overhead in a switch network by allowing the configuration of new VLAN to be distributed to all the switches in a domain?
11. Which of the following commands sets a trunk port on a 2960 switch?
a. trunk on
b. trunk all
c. switchport trunk on
d. switchport mode trunk
12. Which of the following is an IEEE standard for frame tagging?
13. You connect a host to a switch port, but the new host cannot log into the server that is plugged into the same switch. What could the problem be? (choose the most likely answer)
a. The router is not configured for the new host
b. The VTP configuration on the switch is not updated for the new host
c. The host has an invalid MAC address
d. The switch port the host is connected to is not configured to the correct VLAN membership
14. Which of the following provide inter-switch VLAN communication? Choose two
15. To configure the VLAN trunking protocol to communicate VLAN information between two switches, what two requirements must be met? (Choose two)
a. Each end of the trunk link must be set to the IEEE 802.1e encapsulation
b. The VTP management domain name of both switches must be set the same
c. All ports on the both the switches must be set as access ports
d. One of the two switches must be configured as a VTP server
e. A roller cable is required to connect the two switches together
f. A router must be used to forward VTP traffic between VLANs