STR 581 Week 2 Capstone exam
1. Which of the following is considered an organizational blueprint, which prescribes the quantity and time frame for when each end product will be assembled?
2. The concept that some leadership attributes will work in some situations but not in others can be described by the
3. Which of the following is a desirable strategy for managers aiming to reduce the negative consequences of rumors?
4. Because practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to _____________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information.
5.During the implementation of a project, which of the following should be the primary focus of a consulting firm?
6. Some studies indicate the best approach for transformational change may have the chief executive officer create an atmosphere for change
7. A project can be segmented into which of the following?
8. Conflicts can be resolved by withdrawing from them or suppressing them. This conflict-management technique is known as_____________________________.
9. __________________ refers to an individual's belief that he or she is capable of performing a task.
10._______________________ is the biggest hurdle to overcome in a pay-for performance plan.
11. Which of the following statements is true with regard to the effectiveness of tactics?
12. As a university student, your institution's social principles and practices reflect on you, as a stakeholder, in the organization. Therefore, it is your right to question how these practices should be evaluated in relation to the social issues that the school is addressing. If your university provides job-share programs, builds a day-care facility, and only uses recycled paper, it could be said to be_________.
13. Deming's PDCA (plan, do, check, and act) cycle underlies what inherent Six Sigma principle?
14. In performing a SWOT analysis, which of the following would be considered as a threat?
15. According to the job characteristics model, autonomy is defined as the degree to which _________.
16. Which of the following is an element that addresses elimination of waste under lean production?
17. An example of control criteria that can be used in any situation is _____________________.
18. Active listening requires: ________________________________
19. Training that results in _________________ is costly because of the cost of training ( which proved to be useless) and the cost of hampered performance.
20. In order to make their firm a learning organization, managers should?
21. Which of the following is one of the Dr. Eli Goldratt's rules of production scheduling for optimized production technology?
22. Which of the following is considered a major process flow structure?
23. Sam Meyers manages a telemarketing call center. He has 20 employees working for him who are displeased with the way he yells and threatens to terminate them for what they see as small issues. Which kind of power is Sam using to get the job done?
24. Which of the following is ISO 14000 primarily concerned with?
25. In _______________, workers have been fired for refusing to quit smoking, for living with someone without being married, drinking competitor's product, motorcycling, and other legal activities outside of work.
26. Mary arrives at her new job. Before she can begin actuall doing the work, she must complete a series of activities including role playing and virtual reality interactions. What type of training method does Mary's new employer use?
27. The Civil Rights Act of 1991 offered what for victims of international discrimination?
28. When an employee volunteers to run a canned food drive, this is an example of ____?
29. Adoration of a charismatic leader by followers can lead to _________________?
30. What can affirmative action assist organizations in achieving that diversity initiatives cannot?