CIS 510 Case Study 2 Managing a Large Financial Project
CIS 510 Case Study 2
Managing a Large Financial Project
Due Week 6 and worth 50 points
Your company has just hired a new CEO, and you make an appointment with her to discuss a large financial project that you have been managing. You make the following statement: “In our company, each project defines its own process and technology architecture to implement systems. The financial project is behind schedule, and I know how important it is to the company, so I wanted to make you aware that the deadline is at risk.”
The CEO responds, “Why can’t you just shift some staff from less important projects to the financial project?”
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Explain how you would respond to the CEO.
- Contrast and defend how the lack of processes and standards or explicit processes and standards by the company presents a challenge when making your recommendation(s).
- Suggest a solution that addresses the CEO’s question about this problem.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.