MIS535 Week 4 Midterm
1. Based on the examples in the text, if you were asked to formulate a plan for a regional drive-in restaurant chain’s efforts to use information technology to attract customers, what would be the best use of information technology from the list below?
2. Networking and telecommunications technologies, along with computer hardware, software, data management technology, and the people required to run and manage them, constitute an organization’s
3. For which of the following industries has the Internet as a whole been a disruptive technology?
4. Non-relational databases like NoSQL are required in situations in which
5. The Internet is based on which three key technologies?
6. What is the difference between information technology and information systems? Describe some of the functions of information systems.
7. List three organizational factors that can prevent a firm from fully realizing the benefits of a new information system, and provide examples of each.
8. Describe and explain the idea of network neutrality. Are you in favor of network neutrality? Why or why not?